About the Fund
The mission of the Kenosha Arts Fund is to encourage and enhance cultural life and public art in the Kenosha area through facilitation, recognition, and financial support of not-for-profit programs and projects in the community.
Established by the Foundation in the 1990s as a quasi-endowment (also known as a component fund), the Arts Fund Committee’s objectives are to increase the principal of the Arts Fund endowment and thereby enhance the Foundation’s capacity to provide financial support to the arts, and to perform annual grant-making to arts and cultural efforts organizations with income from the Arts Fund.
Focus of Grants from the Kenosha Arts Fund
The Arts Fund annually awards grants to non-profit organizations for programs that enhance the culture, economy and quality of life in Kenosha County.
The Arts Fund is particularly interested in opportunities and creative initiatives for expanding art in Kenosha, urgent needs which sustain fledgling organizations or efforts, and/or projects that have educational value.
2020 Grants Awarded from the Kenosha Arts Fund
In January 2020, the Kenosha Arts Fund made grants to:
• Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha to help it develop a Teen Center inspirational mural.
• Fleeing Artists Theatre to support its free Summer Shakespeare performances produced annually in partnership with the Kenosha Parks Alliance.
• Kenosha Achievement Center to help it develop a Teen Center inspirational mural.
• Lemon Street Gallery and ArtSpace to support painting instruction for children in Union Park.
• Our Harmony Club to support its program of music therapy for the elderly and infirmed.
• Shalom Center to support its Mind, Body, and Spirit program.
• Sharing Center to help it create a set of community murals in western Kenosha County.
For questions about the Kenosha Arts Fund or the Sculpture Walk-HarborPark exhibition, contact us at: [email protected].